The last fishing trip {no LBC content} longish

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The last fishing trip {no LBC content} longish
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:52:44 EST
Today was the last fishing trip of the year.  For those of you that enjoy
fishing, you know what a bitter sweet day it was.

This morning I woke up early and went fishing with two good friends, one of
whom is my son. Left the house at first light and we were out on Long Island
Sound within the hour, (a body of water between Connecticut and Long Island,
New York, for our non USA lister's information).  Fished for, caught and
released a few short Striped Bass 26-27 inches, legal is 28 inches.  We then
traveled another 50 minutes and spent a good portion of the daylight to catch
a few Black Fish (tautog).  On the trip back we were rewarded with a
magnificent sunset, you could almost hear it sizzle went it went down!

Just before arriving at the entrance to the Connecticut River, we found birds
diving and fish breaking the surface.  Casting to breaking fish is probably
the type of fishing that I like best.  It's quite a thrill to see a fish hit
the lure or just chase it to the boat.  Most of the fish were Stripers, but
one Bluefish was boated, (that's going into my smoker tomorrow).  Back at the
dock we emptied my friend's boat so that it can get hauled next week and
dry-docked for the winter.

Arriving home we toasted the end of the season with a little Chivas, beer,
and a meal of Blackfish.  All in all, it was a great day.  Memories of days
like today make the long winter days a little more bearable.

Now that I am done with fishing and golf, I can probably make some progress
towards completing the restoration of my TR3A.  With no distractions  I
should have the body work done by spring, and maybe even some engine work.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399