California Registration

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: California Registration
From: FRANK BAUMANN <FrankBaumann@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 02:38:58 -0500
I am new to the list and would appreciate feedback from anyone with
experience in getting a car into California and/or out of Canada .I am in
process of negotiating to buy a Triumph (1957 TR3) from Canada to be
brought into California. I am a little paranoid because of an earlier
experience with a car that I could not get registered in California when I
moved here. While this experience was due to the "smog" laws and will not
apply in this case, my initial inquiries to the DMV were not encouraging. I
would appreciate any feedback that anyone could provide.

Thanks,

Frank