Re: TR6 Fuel consumption

To: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel consumption
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:30:36 -0600
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul, if its what I think it is, it is a vacumn gauge, it gets a signal
/ vac' from the manifold, down stream from the carbs/throttle blades and
monitors same. The higher the reading, ie: Good end of the scale the
less (technically )fuel the engine uses.Although many used it as an
indicator of engine health and various
other uses, of  which no doubt Randall will tell you about. Idle level
is on a standard tuned engine
about 1/2 to 3/5th's across the dial.They were quite popular in the
1960's and 1970's, isn't that right Randall ?        PS Scotland lost at
Footboyle !!  DK