PI conversion complete

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: PI conversion complete
From: "Worthy, John" <John.Worthy@corpmail.telstra.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:14:44 +1100
Listers

At 6pm last Friday I started my 72 TR6 for the first time since I converted
it to petrol injection.  It spluttered and coughed but gradually came to
idle at around 2000 rpm.  I put the timing light on it and reduced the idle
speed down.  After a bit more fiddling I wheeled the beast on to the road
and put the boot into it.  This mother lifted its snout and really took off.
Boy did it ever!  The difference between my ex-US carb TR and this PI'ed car
was like cheese and chalk.  From 104bhp to 150+ makes a big difference in
these cars.  If you are contemplating the conversion then do it!!

I'm preparing a paper on what I actually did during the course of the
conversion.  If anyone is interested in reading it then just send me an
email.

John