TR3 update and questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 update and questions
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:55:23 -0500
Hello Listers,

I have been working the last few weekends on my TR3.  I have many
questions.  To make it easier to visualize what I am asking about I have
posted pictures on the web at:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sassamon/TS21383L/second_page.htm

1,  Does anyone know of an excellent panel beater who could straighten
my front apron?  I would prefer someone in the New England area to
make it easier for transport.  Do the car and apron have to be together
for the beating?  Or could I ship just the apron?  The apron could be
used as is.  But it is just enough out of truth,  The inner part of the mouth
especially.

2,  Take a look at the current front bumper.  Is it off an Austin-Healey as
thought or some other car?  Would anyone desire it?  Anyone have an
extra early style TR3 front bumper or support brackets?  I can buy a new
set at TRF.

3,  Anyone recognize the seats?  Both seats fold forward.  The leather
covers on them are fairly new and in good shape.  I need something for
the drivers seat.  The bottom cushion is not fastened to the frame.  The
frame has a couple of cracks at the slide mechanism.  What is the best
way to start the repair?  A new frame and slide mechanism or a complete
seat?

4,  How was the occasional seat back constructed?   There are two
mounting bosses near the top of the fuel tank straps.  Would the seat
back attach to these points?

5,  The hood stick webbing looks like it has been shortened.  Possibly the
worn ends were cut off.  What are the dimensions between each
segment?

That's all for now.

I will post a summary of the responses.

Thank you