bumper stops

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: bumper stops
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 06:43:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
The previous owner of my '71 TR6 had installed competition springs from TRF
(1" lower that stock).  I was reading Kastner's competition manual this
weekend (interesting booklet).  He says that the rear bump cones should be
shorten an inch with these springs so the rear end doesn't bottom out.  Is
this necessary with a street car, if so, can the tops of these bump cones
just be cut down an inch.

While I'm at it, I would like to ask for some opinions on suspension.  What
I'm interested in is a excellent handling street car with a reasonable ride
(I like to take my wife with me).  Like I said the car has competition
springs with stock front shocks, stock rear levers, stock front sway bar, no
rear sway bar and new nylatron bushings all around.

Thanks in advance.

John, '71 TR6