Re: blow by T/R 3-a

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blow by T/R 3-a
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 06:39:19 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
    i just had my six rebuilt by a local engine shop and the owner/mechanic
recommended against using the rocker arm oiler. he said that with a
newly-rebuilt engine, the oil supply should be just fine.
    it is my understanding (doesn't mean i'm right!) that this device was
offered/used to augment oil supply to the upper end of the engine as the
miles and, consequently, the crud built up, blocking and minimizing the oil
flow.
    using the oiler on a new engine could actually increase oil usage.
mine's still in the box. my 2 cents.....
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (body bolted down)
Denver, Co (snowing today)