lubrication

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lubrication
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:44:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Wanted to say thanks for all the response concerning lubrication of the
trunnions.  It was fascinating to listen to one group of obviously
knowledgable and experienced persons explaining why I should use oil and at
the same time listening to another group of equally knowledgable and
experienced persons explaining why modern non-hardening grease will work
just as well.  I found this to be as interesting as the thread last week
concerning whether to use "natural oil" or modern synthetic oil.  Both
discussions helped me to decide what to use in my TR, although I'm not going
to reveal my choices.  I'm fear one group will say "good choice" while the
other proclaims "idiot".  However, it has been a long time since I had so
much fun learning something new.  Thanks to a great group.

John, '71 TR6
Berekely Springs, WV