TR3 Windshield Wiper

Subject: TR3 Windshield Wiper
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:13:23 -0500
Well, I've come up against one of those how do you fit an elephant
through the eye of a needle? (or something like that)

I am trying to install new rubber grommets in the metal stand which
the wiper gear box mounts to. These are the 3 holes which the round
grommets fit in, allowing a donut on both the top and underside of
the plate. The metal shafts fit through the grommet and screw into
the legs of the gear box and then have a nut that screws onto the
bottom to hold the washer.

How in the heck are you to get the grommet through these holes?!
I am almost tempted to cut the two halves but I know this isn't
right.

Any help with preserving my hands from any more damage would
be appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6