Changing Colors Cheaply?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing Colors Cheaply?
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:38:46 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
This will apply to LBCs, but it concerns my main transportation, a 1987
Subaru, purchased 3 years ago from---a little old lady.  The car had 9,500
miles on it, and the color is a kind of cinnamon-rose that matched the
little old lady's living room upholstry.  Well, the other day I got slightly
bumped in the parking lot at the R. rear trunck lid, went to the insurance
co., got an estimate of $730 less my $200 deductible to fix it.

I hate the color of the car.  It's just >not me<.  Do I spend the money at a
"legitimate" body shop and leave the car in the original color, or do I have
the car >inexpensively< repainted in a color I like?  We're talking about a
driver, here, of course.  But is it possible to have a car repainted for
around $730, including a quick spray of door jams, under hood, under trunk
lid, and have the finish last.  . . .What about Maaco?  Can they do what
they say?  Can I get into trouble doing this?  Or should I just grin and
bear the original color?

--Phil Haldeman