Re: Changing Colors Cheaply?

To: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Changing Colors Cheaply?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:58:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Definately grin and bear it - changing the color is never very satisfactory
unless you strip the car to a bare shell. I had a Volvo painted at MAACO
and was quite disappointed with the results - it looked fine from 20ft but
was quite a hack job up close - very poor job of masking, runs, drips, and
it started to peel in places about a month after the warranty expired. This
was their "top of the line" paint job too - $1200 with some minor body
work! I have heard you can get a good job out of MAACO if you do all the
prep and masking yourself and just let them spray the paint.

Good luck
Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit - who enjoyed the record 69 degree warmth today!!!!! 69
degrees in Maine two days before Thanksgiving!!!!!!!! Thank God for Global
Warming! ;-)