Re: TR3 Windshield Wiper

To: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Windshield Wiper
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:12:37 -0500
Hi Scott

I had the same problem on my TR4 last year. I lubed the new grommets
with Ivory dish detergent. Squeeze the grommet into a football shape and
stick one end of it into the hole so that the groove goes into place on
the bracket. Use a small screwdriver to work the groove down into the
hole so that it pops into position as you go around the grommet. It's a
lot easier if you take the bracket out of the car first. Took about 5
minutes per grommet and no, I don't know how the factory did it.

Cheers

Pete Fullam
'63 TR4