Re: Disappointment (was going to look at a '74 TR6)

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Disappointment (was going to look at a '74 TR6)
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:00:03 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR6 <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Good call on your part Craig! It always sound sweeter when somebody is trying to
sell you something.  I wouldn't go for it unless you want a restoration job, and
maybe you do. You certainly seem to know what you're looking for.  That was a
good car assessment.

You may wish to pass IMHO. But, before you go any further get a compression
test, or demand this yahoo get it running and let you drive it now!! Call his
hand, so to speak!  You could be looking at an engine rebuild, trannyrebuild,
clutch replacement and brake work if you are going to buy it dead in the
driveway, not including the new body panels and rocker replacement. Your only
plus here is your no rust frame and intact trailing arms.   If he can't get it
running, pitch it as a parts car and try to get it for a lark.

 I t may depend on what part of the country you are in but $600 to $900?? Maybe
I'm being too negative. What do other listers think?? They aren't making any
more of these great little gems, ya know??   Craig, good luck and maybe looking
around is best. Check the clubs, and check all the ads in your local papers. You
may  be surprised what turns up.
Happy Holidays, D. Michael
75 TR6(replacing rear suspension)  & Sprite MK 2 AN6 (in pieces)