Paint a TR6 Trailing Arm-Original condition??2

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint a TR6 Trailing Arm-Original condition??2
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:35:39 -0500
Please excuse the previous mistaken message without text.

I understand that the trailing arm is aluminum, and I read a lister
painted his an aluminum color.  Currently rebuilding my rear suspension,
I was wondering  how the trailing arms looked when they were delivered
from the factory - nice raw aluminum shiny or sprayed over for
protection with flat black??  Must admit to being a diehard rust
fighter, tending to paint rust prone areas with a rust stabilizer/enamel
- though I guess it will not do much for aluminum.  I suppose aluminum
does not rust as steel does, but may oxidize or be prone to
cracks/gouges, so maybe  the protective enamel may help.

Guess it really doesn't matter about the color in this area of your
car.  However, any comments or suggestions about aluminum parts,
original condition, and recs for keeping your aluminum parts in good
condition - from an underbody view, would be appreciated??

     Thanks again, D. Michael