Re: MK II breather

To: Daniel Elder <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: MK II breather
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 07:33:35 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, QSWI646@email.mot.com
Daniel,
I have found that the breather pipe on the valve cover is woefully
inadequate.  In cars that either have very high compression or are
getting old worn enough that they are leaking compression past the
rings, some sort of crankcase breather becomes necessary.  (Especially
if one is revving the engine in the upper end of the tachometer.
Otherwise, the pressure tends to vent in unusual (and unwanted) places,
like the dipstick tube.  Needless to say, the venting typically carries
oil along with it!

Regards,
Joe

--