Re: RE; Metric vs. English: no valuable content

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: RE; Metric vs. English: no valuable content
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:49:12 -0500
Message text written by Malcolm Walker
>Last I checked, a wrench set of Metric wrenches (11 pcs) cost exactly the
>same as a set of SAE onces (also 11 pcs)
<

To beat a couple of horses to death.........
Well, of course, wrench-for-wrench the cost is the same, but you can cover the
_complete_ span of sizes more cheaply in the english sizes.

11 metric wrenches gives you 8 thru 18, which is effectively only 1/4" thru
11/16ths, which
is not usually big enough to be complete.  You will need at least a 20mm.

The 11 english sizes are pretty complete as a set.

Unless you want 1/32's too.  I have a couple of those, but 1/16ths is usually
adequate in an
11 wrench set.......

-Tony

P.S.  At which pressure were you looking for the triple point of water?