Re: RE; Metric vs. English: not even interesting

Subject: Re: RE; Metric vs. English: not even interesting
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:19:20 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Tony Rhodes wrote:

> Right!  But who ever heard the weatherman saying  "it will be 30.5 degrees
>today".  > I have not.

My question is : if the weatherman said "it will be 30 degrees today",
and it was actually only 29, would you say he was wrong ?

IMO weather prediction is a long way from that kind of accuracy.  When
(if) the accuracy is there, then we can use decimals if necessary.  But
given the state of the art, I'd laugh if he did say 30.5, because he
can't possibly know (unless it's already 31 ... <g>)

Randall - in SoCA, where it only made it to 21.1 today (C that is) <g>