BEAD BLASTING

To: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: BEAD BLASTING
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:56:31 -0500
Message text written by Cliff Davies

I am presently cleaning years of gunk from my engine bay. I was
wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences glass bead blasting or
other media, the intake manifold due to the fact it is aluminum. I have
intentions of doing the air filter, valve covers and exhaust manifold.
Carbs are de-gunked any tips on getting them brighter especially the
dash pot covers? Thanks,
Cliff
<

Bead blasting aluminum works great.  I have bead blasted my trailing arms,
intake, wheels (TR8) and other stuff with great results.

Consider sending your exhaust manifold to Road Toys in Texas.  It will come
back shiny and silver (aluminum coated, actually) for only about $50 (US).

Dave Massey