Looking for '67-'68 Spitfire Mk3

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for '67-'68 Spitfire Mk3
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:18:58 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all,

My first car was a '67 Mk3 that I purchased from my sister in 1976.  She
bought it new.  Two years later, I sold it due to expensive, needed repairs
and my inability as an 18 year old to afford a 2nd rebuilt transmission
within a year, among other things.  Now that I'm approaching 40 and with my
mid-life crisis is in full tilt, I'd very much like to buy another Mk3 and
if necessary, restore it to original condition for weekend jaunts around
town on mild, sunny days.  If you're looking to sell your beloved Spitfire
to someone who will take excellent care of it, I'm the guy.

If anyone reading this is willing to part with their '67 or '68 Spitfire (I
prefer the center mounted dash cluster, but will consider '69 and '70 models
also), please e-mail me soon.  I'm currently looking at two '69 models.  I'm
willing to pay a fair price for a rust-free example with a sound frame,
straight body and good mechanics.  Cosmetics not crucial (but the cleaner
the better!).

Best wishes,

Jeff