RE: Looking for '67-'68 Spitfire Mk3

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for '67-'68 Spitfire Mk3
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:19:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Good luck on your search, Your story sounds WAY too much like mine.  My
first spit was a '68 and I destroyed that poor little car (it WAS a race
car, wasn't it?)  Being about the same age as you now, I decided I HAD to
have another spit and bought one of the first ones I found (a 78) a few
years back.  I should have looked longer, as it has been a project and a
half for me.  When this spit is done I will look for another '69 or '68.

I still have, to this day, the cluster gear out of the second transmission
on my computer desk as a paper weight.  It is missing all but two of the
teeth off of first gear.  Other than one picture, that cluster gear is all I
have left of my old beloved spit (and a few great memories)

Keep looking for the right car, watch out for rust - it is a total pain, and
have fun.

BTW, there is a spitfire list like this triumph list.  You might join it as
well.  spitfires@autox.team.net

Don't worry about the "Triumph wanted" post, these lists are extremely
diverse, just about anything is discussed here, and who better to ask than
us "triumph masochists" when looking for a car.

-Bill