RE: English Vs. Metric Measurement

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: English Vs. Metric Measurement
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:01:38 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Sumner :

Well, you can count me as a member of the "metric choir" <g>

However, the US's half-hearted moves towards metrification are the reason I
had to buy a third set of tools.  Automotive fasteners are, in fact, already
heavily metric.  In fact, the only fasteners on my 1980 Chevrolet that
aren't metric, are some sheet metal screws in the dash that use 1/4" heads.
My wife's 1989 Dodge is probably 95% metric.

So, ironically, I have to have inch (and Whitworth) tools to work on my
European cars, and metric tools to work on my American cars !

Randall