Strange wistle

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Strange wistle
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:55:19 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by John Summers

I have recently been hearing a strange wistle sound from the right
(passenger) side of my '74 TR 6.  It occurs during deceleration and
stops when I disengage the clutch.  Normally I would think it was a
vacume hose around the carbs, but by it stopping when I push in the
clutch pedal I suspect something more sinister.
Any ideas?
John Summers

<

Does it stop as soon as you start to depress the clutch?  If so, the
throw-out bearing is acting up.   You might have to change it sometime in
the next 10 years.

When the engine slows and dies when you step on the clutch you need to
change it sooner.

Good Luck

Dave