RE: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Winter Storage / Fuel Drain
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:45:51 +0100
Hello All,
We had the first snow in Belgium some weeks ago, although I do
not consider the country located on the snow belt. Having seen
some reactions I miss the wheel bearing problems often
encountered by storage. You should realize that bearings under
load , like wheel bearings immobilized for a longer period suffer of
spot corrosion and that's why it is recommended to lift the car off
the ground and if possible rotate the wheels weekly.To keep the
battery in good condition also switch the lights on from time to time
and reload the battery. If you want to see what my car does during
winter look at carpictures-- http://www.CarPictures.com and look
for a 1970 jasmine TR6.
Regards
Jean R. Belgium