Sample member list page

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sample member list page
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:15:40 -0600
I put together a sample page which reflects my idea of what the
Triumph List member pages might look like.

http://thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/sample1.html

Obviously, it's subject to revision, and suggestions are welcomed!
The page above is also the only page I've done so far.  I'd also like
to include, for the benefit of the casual visitor if no one else, a
few pages with links to Triumph & British car organizations, parts
suppliers, advice pages, etc.

The personal info on there -- email address, phone number -- would be
completely optional.

The page counter is on there for design purposes more than anything.
Due to the way I'm planning on constructing the site, it may not be
possible to have a page counter for every car -- but will certainly
be possible for each of the "main" pages.

A note on the images -- the "big" image you get when you click on the
smaller one isn't very high quality in the sample, but certainly
would be in real use.  I just didn't go to the trouble of re-scanning
a small image I already had.  I also need to go access the page from
a PC/Windows machine somewhere and see how it looks from there; I
need to read up on getting images to look good on both PCs and Macs.

It occurred to me -- there's been some discussion on the list lately
of having a list somewhere of people across the country who would be
willing to look at cars up for sale when the prospective buyer is a
good distance away.  Perhaps a page for that would be popular and
helpful?  We could organize it by state, perhaps.

Let me know what you all think.

Dan

P.S.  Exciting new e-mail address.  Same boring guy.

Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U. Runs & drives, but shakes like crazy, needs new
tires, and blows smoke.  Lots of it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Undergoing a frame-off restoration, begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work every day. No home page yet.