More on Triumph List member Web pages

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Triumph List member Web pages
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:02:28 -0600
I've received much valuable feedback -- thanks all; it has been
helpful to hear the tips and to learn what other people would really
like to see.

Here are some things I've learned, and an update on where things go from here.

A few have already asked how to get photos to me -- I'll send a
separate post with instructions momentarily.

Several people mentioned wanting to be able to search -- that's
coming.  Actually, I need to learn how to do that (one of the reasons
I wanted to do this project, since I learn best by doing), so it may
be a couple-three weeks.  But, yes, you will be able to search on
things like model, year, location, and of course owner name(s).

A couple people were curious as to how I'm going to handle owners
with multiple Triumphs (how many of us is that?  I'm for two, plus a
scrapper long ago...)
I'm not totally sure yet, but possibly:
A) a single page listing several cars, probably with smaller "thumbnail" photos
B) a page for each car, which also has a method of getting you to the
rest of that person's pages if you should desire to go
C) A page with an address for donations to the Triumph Addiction Recovery Fund

No one had any trouble with the graphics on a Windows machine,
despite my fears.  A couple people mentioned that fonts are sometimes
handled differently, which I had forgotten -- so I'll just need to
pay some attention to that, and check out my pages on both Mac and
Windows while I build them.

What else ... oh, yes -- owners!  Of course we are going to want to
have owners in the photos with their cars.  Most of us know what the
cars look like, at least generally, it's the owners we want to see.
Come on, if I can have my picture with my car on the Web (and I will,
soon), so can you!

Dan
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U. Runs & drives, but shakes like crazy, needs new
tires, and blows smoke.  Lots of it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Undergoing a frame-off restoration, begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)