RE: TR-250 VIN # ?

To: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Subject: RE: TR-250 VIN # ?
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:32:02 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Can anyone check in their 'Original TR4/4A/5/6' book of Piggott's for the
VIN of the first 250 built in 1968? He gives that sort of information there.
What I'm a little curious of is - was the TR250 considered a 1967 'Model
Year' car in North America, or just 1968? It's true that the model,
calendar, and registration years don't all necessarily match (my own early
3A was built in the fall of '57 as a '58 model year but not registered in
Ontario until 1959 - go figure!). Afaik, the 250 was 1968 only. Cheers, JD