Re: Emmission Inspections

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emmission Inspections
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 09:35:48 -1000 (HST)
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:24:40 -0500, Ken & Beth wrote:

>Maryland's MVA does have a website and an e-mail address. The
tags you speak
>of are called "Historic" tags here. They basically let you register
the car
>without emmisions testing or safety inspection! You are restricted
>weekends, to and from the garage, parades, club events, and (this
is where
>90% of my time comes in) "occasional usage". You can drive it to
work when
>your Toyota won't start, but don't drive it by the same cop every
day all
>year long.

Thanks for the info.  If there is anything on the MVA web site
that tells me this, I have never been able to find it.  Maybe AAA
members have access to this info?  I'm surprised that with all
the folks in the old car hobby facing these emission test hassles
(and other problems like "clunker" laws) that the info we need
isn't out there.  I'm almost considering buying a domain name
and setting up a site myself on this!

scott s.
.