Gunson gastester

To: Skip Osmundsen <gosmund@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Gunson gastester
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 22:14:03 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Skip Osmundsen
>Hello all,
I'm thinking about getting a Gunson gastester (the basic model), and
would like to know if anyone can attest to it's accuracy.  I'm tired
of the tweak-and-pray routine and the multiple trips to the State's
tailpipe sniffer. Can I tune with one of these things and then be
confident to pass?  I never have a problem with the HC readings, just
the CO which is tested at idle only.
Thanks for any info.
Skip Osmundsen
'76 TR6 (finally off the stands and trying to get thru emissions).
<

Go for it.  Order it through JC Wittless to save money.  You can't do an
emissions tune up with out something like this.  It is slow to respond and
only measures CO but follow the tuning directions in the shop manual and
you will do fine at the testing station.

Been there, done that.  See my tee shirt?

Dave