Re: TR3 Steering Wheel Removal

Subject: Re: TR3 Steering Wheel Removal
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 15:38:15 -0500
Dave, I found it quite easy to pull the stator tube, wires and all. Remove
the three grub screws that hold the Control Head. Disco the wires from the
horns and turn sigs (bullet connectors), place a container large enough to
catch steering box fluif under the end of the box, remove the brass nut and
compression fitting from the front of the steering box, let fluif drain,
pull the whole assy out thru the cockpit. No need to pull the wires out of
the stator (unless you find you have a cracked stator tube in which case
you'll have to replace (I hear Really-Healey has 'em).

Wanna bet it's easier to do the above than it will be to pull the st wheel?
8^) Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
'59 TR3A