seam sealer removal/blasting/dipping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: seam sealer removal/blasting/dipping
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 07:00:40 EST
 Hi LIst,
          I have gotten down to the bear steel on the body of the GT and have
found that it has a tar like stuff in all the seams ( only a few are left )
that is hard to remove. Some scraping and heat has got most of it, but it
must all be gone for it to be powdercoated. Any thoughts? Someone said I
should have it dipped. Then someone said that leaves caustic residue in the
seams which bubbles up later. Its going to be blasted but I dont think that
will get the sealer out. Is there a cleaner that might melt the stuff? Anyone
done this before? Thanks!

PLB3