Re: seam sealer removal/blasting/dipping

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seam sealer removal/blasting/dipping
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 08:33:08 EST
When I stripped my tub, I used a product made by either KLEAN STRIP or
STRIPEASE, I can't remember which, and it was called AIRCRAFT PAINT  REMOVER.
 I used both the low odor and regular versions.  While both will disolve seam
sealer the regular version will work much better than the low odor.  The
stripper will soften the seam sealer so that it can be removed with a stiff
wire brush and scraper.  This is a job that needs to be done outside with
plenty of ventilation and a place to flush everything with soap and water,
lots of water.  Keep some warm sopy water available to immediately wash any
exposed skin that gets in contact with the stripper, such as a punctured
glove.  Make sure that you wear gloves, goggles and protect exposed skin,
this stuff burns like hell and sticks like napalm.

Good luck.

Gary Bouffard