Team Room Experiece/ long

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Team Room Experiece/ long
From: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:29:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
This weekend I was house sitting for my sister. She has a turn of the
century refurbished farmhouse 10 acres, with animals, in Bushnell Florida. I
live in Tampa, and I'm definitely a city boy. So my experience was this is
really out in the boonies, and I'm definitely looking out for banjo players.
Anyway she suggests we drive to Mount Dora, Florida.So Saturday about
noonish my 12 year old son and I set out for Mount Dora, really bad
directions, really nervous. I'm driving my 85 Mustang GT 5.0 convertible,
top down of course. Worried the whole time of a breakdown, it's done this in
the past, but I think I've got most of the bugs worked out? We traveled
county roads, state roads, in countryside that I never knew existed. Looked
like Florida, 1950's . We reach Mount Dora, nice little quaint town, lots of
antiques etc, and there I spy "The Rose Tea Room". I tell my son lets go
there. I had to, with the recent Tea Thread. A spot of tea. Bulk tea in a
pot with a warmer cover. You put a strainer on top of your cup, then poor
the tea. I asked the girl who served us, she told me milk not lemon. My son
was pissed that I dragged him into a Tea Room, but after it was over, told
me he enjoyed himself. The funny think was my son and I are the ages that we
get on each others nerves,even though we love each other. You can imagine,
out in the boonies, no TV etc. The only time we were civil was when we were
enjoying a spot of tea. A good experience, I recommend to everyone. How
about a TR show, where all he TR's pull up in front for a spot.
Phil Smith
TR6