Remove Rebound Stop TR6/Bump vs. Rebound Stop??

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Remove Rebound Stop TR6/Bump vs. Rebound Stop??
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:06:48 -0500
I'm ready to reinstall my new & refurbished rear suspension system, all
but for one thing. I have been unable to remove the rebound stops from
the frame. In contrast to the rebound stops,  I take it that the rubber
stop on the trailing arm has a  taller rubber part with a longer
threaded under- rod, and is identified as the Bump Stop.  I must confess
some confusion as to terms here.

In any case, I am trying to remove the rubber stop from the rear frame
extension, which has a nut on the bottom after it extends through a
tight fitting metal frame piece on two sides.

Have not been able to access the nut with a socket wrenche and it will
not budge from the top using a grip on plier/wrench.  Any suggestion as
to how to attack a seemingly simple replacement??? Do you know the size
of the nut from the bottom and if there should be access of some sort
here???

Any comments appreciated?  Bumped Out, D. Michael