RE: Imperial vs Metric

To: "'Bob Jones'" <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Subject: RE: Imperial vs Metric
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:23:39 -0800 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
And I must add; the U.S. is the only country, barring the USSR which has
managed to do any space exploration at all. The need for advanced computing
ability to calculate trajectories and to communicate and control... earth to
space and vice versa... drove the developemnt of computer technology... also
accomplished in the U.S. Manned landing on the moon, who did that again?
Failures?.....of course! This is after all...rocket science and beyond. Take
a look at the history of space exploration though and it becomes
clear...even to this day... that without the U.S effort...well.... heard
about any other country, consortium which even comes close to the record of
U.S. accomplishment. I think not! Damn right we make mistakes but generally
learn something from them. That I believe is what science is best at.

Rednecks?...Hell yes we've got Rednecks... with a capital R. But also the
most pluralistic and diverse population in the world. Wouldn't have it any
other way!

Deano