Quaife (straight cut) close ratio gear sets

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Quaife (straight cut) close ratio gear sets
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:02:49 -0800
I was just reviewing the Quaife parts list for 1999 (which will probably
carry over to 2000) that I downloaded from their web site
(http://quaife.co.uk/) and lo and behold, it lists a straight cut, dog
engagement gearset (with mainshaft) for the TR6 of all things!  For you
racers this may be just the ticket.  I thought it interesting that they
were even making something for any Triumphs let alone the TR6!  They don't
list a price, and I'm sure it would be expensive I'm guessing somewhere
around the $2000 mark judging by the other prices listed for similar sets
FWIW.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)