Re: Interlock-unit/starting problems

To: Jochen Reuß <jochen.reuss@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Interlock-unit/starting problems
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:06:05 -0500 ()
Cc: Triumphlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Jochen [iso-8859-1] Reuß wrote:

> I have sometimes starting problems with my ´74 TR 6. My starter relay is
> completely new and everything is in good condition . The weak point is
> that the white/red starter cable runs from the ignition switch through
> the interlock-unit in the passengers side footcabin. If I shake this big
> plug the engine starts. I want to eliminate all the functions of this
> electronic device without removing the plug from the wire-harness. Do
> you have a circuit-scheme of this little box, so that I can throw the
> electronic parts out and put some simple wires in it? I also need the
> connection pins on this big plug and where they are connected to.
> It is not a big problem but I want to have it solved without analysing
> the whole electric system.
>
> I hope you can help me.
>
> Jochen Reuß

Jochen, I had the same problem on my 1974 "Federal" Spitfire 1500 some
years ago. Assuming that the TR6 is wired similarly to the Spitfire, I
think all you would need to do is simply bypass that one wire. In other
words, run a new white/red wire from the ignition switch to the starter
solenoid and disable the old white/red wire. Everything else can stay in
place in that interlock module.

--Andy