Thanks for the all the input on shop prices

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks for the all the input on shop prices
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:31:32 -0800
Hi everyone
Lets just clarify that Im an old KID! heheh
I didnt mean to imply that im really really young.  were all young at heart!
The reason I took the tr4 to the shop is a long story but to make it really
short,  my mechanically inclined friends and I were unable to pinpoint the
problem.

I've owned a 66 Datsun roadster (i hear lots of "boos" =) since I was 16 and
have worked on almost all aspects of the car.  The TR4 was a friends project
that recently became mine.  We started a frame off restoration about three
years ago and it slowly came together.

Its not that I dont want to do it myself or that I dont feel confident in my
abilities.  I understand that owning an old roadster requires alot of just
that.  My main problem is that I currently reside in an apartment complex
that has strict rules on car maintenance.  Secondly,  in my circle of
friends the one that has the most experience with roadsters was convinced
the cam was degreed in correctly.  We checked as best as we could.  Its
definately our lack of experience with problems arising.  Usually you
rebuild something to the exact specs and it usually works fine.

Anyhow I really do appreciate your opinions on everything since you are the
ones that have the experience that I lack.
I guess I cant or shouldnt complain about any mechanics pricing since I am
choosing to take it there.  Please take a look

at my tr4 as it stands now!
thanks everyone and i really mean it I really appreciate everyones input on
everything.

David Lee

http://members.home.net/davelee1/postriumph.html