Re: Help Please! (retry)

To: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Help Please! (retry)
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:54:01 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jon-
 I had the same dilemma this fall. While disassembling my first carb, I
broke the "peening" from the bracket to carb body. I fixed it by lining the
bracket up and drilling a hole in the carb body. Use a drill press to assure
accuaracy. There is a fair amount of material in that area, but check your
depth before drilling. I used a small machine screw and washer, after
tapping the carb body. Be careful not to overtighten as the carb body is
aluminum. There is enough clearance for the screw head and lock washer,
without further modification, for the float to operate.
    Check diameters before drilling and tapping. The drill size I used was a
Vermont American #43 and tap size was 4-40 with corresponding screw. Good
luck.
Tim Hutchisen
CC57787L '71 TR6 -Leaking brake" fluif" while stored.