Stealth audio installation - got any tips?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stealth audio installation - got any tips?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:17:57 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I'd like to hear from anyone who left the stock AM radio for their TR or
Spitfire in place, but manged to sneak a CD-changer in the trunk to use with
it.  I know that there are some FM transmitters available that would allow
you to pipe your own music onto an FM receiver -- and I assume the same sort
of low-power transmitter exists for AM.  I don't care about listening to my
music through a small dash mounted speaker (or wherever the original happens
to be).  I just really like the idea of keeping a "stock" look, while being
able to mix my own '60's greatest hits CD's to replicate the experience of
listening to that kind of music while I'm driving.  I know that I could
mount a small IR receiver discreetly and operate the changer via credit card
sized remote.  If anyone has successfully completed such an undertaking,
please share your experience.  If no one has, I'll figure it out and be sure
to share the details with anyone who might be interested in doing something
similar after the project is completed.