Troubleshooting ingnition sys

To: "Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Troubleshooting ingnition sys
From: jack@cocoinc.com
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:09:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I recently bought a GT6 a parts car for it's overdrive tranny and souped up
engine. It's a GT6+, don't know what year, but it has a black vinyl dash
not wood and highback seats that don't tilt. Since I don't have a key for
it, I bought a $7.00 ignition/key combo from Pep Boys after some
experimenting I finally got the new ignition switch to light up the ignition
light when turned and when fuly cranked it turns the engine over without any
problems, my problem is that there is no spark at the plugs and I don't know
how to properly troubleshoot this or bypass switches. The coil has 2 cables
attached but with the ig switch on I get no voltage between them, any help
on how to trace? I checked points all clean, did not pull the plugs because
the screwdriver in the plug wire to the plug head or ground did not produce
any spark.
Any ideas?

Jack Levy