Weber Carbs TR3 starting problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber Carbs TR3 starting problem
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:54:06 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Ok, I have been putting off posting this for a long time in hopes I could
work through it, but no.

I have Weber DCOE 45's and have contacted and received from Pierce Manifold
the recommended jettings.  Everything else seems ok as well.  After putting
it all together, the engine will fire fine on ether and run (3 to 5
seconds), but with gasoline, it sounds like it wants to fire but never does.
I have tried setting the idle screws as recommended (1 turn out) and at
about every setting in between 1/8 turn to 3 turns.  Close to one turn I get
an occasional fire, but usually one hit (when I first start cranking it) and
then nothing.  The plugs will look a little wet (nothing like they did at
three turns).  I'm wondering if I'm not flooding it out each time.  Other
than the calibrated parts, I am only seeing (according to Haynes) the four
idle adjustment screws and the to screws that set the throttle shaft as to
the linkage.

What am I missing here?

TIA

Ken Gano