3/4" vs. 0.70" rear cyls on TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3/4" vs. 0.70" rear cyls on TR3
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:57:49 -500
Greetings,
My post-60000 3a is equipped with 3/4" rear brake cylinders. From Piggott (or
maybe it was somewhere else) I was led to understand that Triumph went through
many iterations of front/rear combinations before finally concluding that the
brake setup installed on the post-60K 3a was correct.
TRF, at least, now tells me that not only are the 3/4" cylinders NLA, but the
kits too. I'm inclined toward new cylinders anyway (single circuit braking...),
so am seeking input as follows:
1. Can someone who has actually done this report on whether switching to 0.70"
produced enough of a change to worry about? Please, someone with
foot-on-the-pedal
experience.
2. Do 4s and maybe 4as not use 3/4" too? i.e. wouldn't demand be there?
3. Is TRF out to lunch?
Thanks,
Jim Wallace
2TS81417L