71 TR6 Carbon Cannister

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 TR6 Carbon Cannister
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:59:15 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I noticed yesterday the carbon canister is missing from my car.  There are
no apparent hoses to route to the canister.  I know the canister is part of
the emission equipment, but are there any performance/running problems I may
encounter with the canister removed?  Last Thursday the car was running
great, yesterday it wouldn't start.  I think a float is stuck, the plugs
were VERY wet when I removed them.  I did get it running for a couple
minutes, but only with the accelerator all the way to the floor.  The engine
got to about 1000 RPMs and that's all.  I'm going to tear into the carbs
tonight and rebuild them.  Any thoughts on the carbon canister will be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Waringa