71 TR6 Carbon Cannister

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: 71 TR6 Carbon Cannister
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:12:21 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Ken Waringa"
>I noticed yesterday the carbon canister is missing from my car.  There are
no apparent hoses to route to the canister.  I know the canister is part of
the emission equipment, but are there any performance/running problems I
may
encounter with the canister removed?  Last Thursday the car was running
great, yesterday it wouldn't start. <

A properly functioning canister will have no effect on the drivability and
runnung of the car.  A stuck float is a stuck float whetner or not you have
a canister.

The evaporative loss system will maintain the fuel freshness for longer
periods of time if the car sits idle.  You can park a TR6 for 6 months to a
year with no fuel degradation problems but a TR3 will have sour fuel after
this period of time unless you use Sta-Bl of something like it in the fuel.

Dave