More fuel injection and some Georgia emissions info

To: "TR8 List (E-mail)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More fuel injection and some Georgia emissions info
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:21:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to Gene Thompson on the TR8 list (I am copying this to the general
triumph list as well) for ascertaining that three of my injectors are for a
74-5 Porsche 914.  According to Bosch they are NOT replacements for the
right injectors.  Bosch technical assistance is available from
1-800-521-5462.  You leave your question with a phone answering person and a
tech calls you back.  Anyway it might appear the PO could not get his car to
pass emissions because three of the eight injectors were the wrong type.
Right type on the way (thanks Ted).

Also I have been struggling with what to do about emissions testing since I
must register with in 30 days and can't register without emissions test.  I
have discovered that in Georgia, while all cars after 1975 are required to
pass emissions, IF you have collector plates the age 25 and rolls forward.
Thus in 2002 a 1976 car will NOT need to pass emission IF it has antique
plates.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 80-TR8  W4UCK