Re: Accelerator Pedal Bearings

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator Pedal Bearings
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:04:44 -0800
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 02:54:45   Ronald A. Dowty wrote:

>I am having ALOT of trouble trying to install the little rubber bearings
>that keep the accelerator shaft from wobbling as it  goes through the car
>body on either side. How do you you install those things?
>
>1976 Triumph TR6

Well, I pulled a Dumb A Present Owner method as it was the last thing I needed
to do to get the car running again(after a carb and linkage overhaul). The
thing would not go on so I ground it down on one side into a star pattern(after
all, its a cheap part and I needed my daily driver back), slipped it on the
shaft and it wedged in nicely with a certain amount of force. Later, I tried
forcing it out to put some silicone glue on it to hold it better but ai couldnt
get it out. Its held up fine. One day it'll fall out and then I'll do it
right(like some one else posted a hot water trick). I've used the hot water
trick on brake master cylinders seals before but those bright ideas just stop
coming when you get the road fever.......and the bench grind is beconning

;-).

PS-My money is on the hot water trick...unless you just like to grind things
down.

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6
famous auto fatality last words: