Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@jspp.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 99 16:58:15 -0800
>What do I need to do to insure proper oil pressure before staring my engine
>for the first time after being rebuilt.

I pulled the plugs and the valve cover.  When I first put oil in the car
I left a quart out.  Just before turning the engine over for the first
time I poured a quart down the push rods to make sure there was fresh oil
on the cam.  Then I turned the engine over on the starter motor until my
gauge registered pressure.

I put the plugs back in & fired the engine up.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.