Re: How do the police react to older cars?

To: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: How do the police react to older cars?
From: Stephen Peca <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:54:08 -0800 (PST)
All I can say is that I drove my newly pruchased TR3 from Duluth, MN to the
western suburbs of Chicago (about 550 miles).  I drove the interstates the
whole way, going about 50mph with traffic passing me by constantly.

I passed about three state troopers, and not even a glance.

Regards,

Steve Peca
Wheaton, Illinois
1958 TR3A - TS23867L

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:13:18 +1100, Andrew Pursey wrote:

>  Ric....
>
>  "It was in a Riley that I went to bring my Cord phaeton home. An
interesting convoy that attracted
>  the police, but that is another story."
>
>  OK Ric, I'll take the bait.  What happened and are there lessons for us
all in driving older cars
>  on the road under the steely glare of the boys and girls in blue (or
whatever colour they choose
>  for a fashion statement)?
>
>  ....Andrew

Visit Excite Shopping at http://shopping.excite.com
 The fastest way to find your Holiday gift this season