TR4 Girling Clutch Master Cylinder: Who's got a junker?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Girling Clutch Master Cylinder: Who's got a junker?
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:09:56 -0600
I have completed a careful rebuild of the brake master cylinder and the
clutch slave cylinder for my TR4.

I can't complete the job of the clutch master cylinder without help from
the list.  I need to replace a part that is not in available nor in the
rebuild kit.  It is one of the internal parts of the plunger assembly.
The part is specifically an aluminum piece that looks like a crown.  It
sits at the rear of the cylinder on the end of the spring and helps
center a rubber washer. I think the rubber washer forms a seal between
the cylinder wall and the reservoir chamber when you're pushing on the
pedal.

I'm looking for anyone on the list that has a junked Girling master
cylinder. This 'crown' piece is the same for brake and the clutch.

It's OK if the Girling cylinder is junked and still altogether in one
ugly piece.  Don't worry, the part I need will be in there.

If you can help please give me a shout.

Will Daehler
in Wisconsin