'68 Spitfire on eBay

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: '68 Spitfire on eBay
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:53:38 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I should know better.  I know that full disclosures are no way to sell a
car.  You're supposed to try and hide all the flaws and mislead and stuff
like that.  Throwing caution to the wind, I've decided to sell the Spitfire
Mk3 that I bought just recently on eBay.  It's listed with FULL and HONEST
disclosures, including my reasons for the quick turnaround:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221475397

A few days after I bought this car for a restoral project, I located the car
of my dreams that I've REALLY been looking for.  A clean, well-maintained,
one-owner-for-20-years '67 Spitfire Mk3 with the center-cluster instrument
pod that I've been yearning for (I owned a '67 years ago).  My wife, as
patient as she is with my escalating mid-life crisis, isn't going to let me
get away with two Spitfire project cars (we own three other vehicles
already). Since the '67 requires less time and effort to complete (and it's
what I've been wanting anyway), I've reluctantly decided to let this one go.
If you know of anyone looking for a good deal on a real decent restoral
project that's partway completed, please let them know about the auction.
Full details about the car and its' condition is on eBay.  Of course, I'll
be happy to answer any questions and tell you what I know.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Jeff